Friends of The Colony Public Library
Who are the Friends ?
We are a non-profit organization dedicated to supporting, enhancing and promoting the work of the Library through advocacy, volunteerism, membership dues, fund raisers and book sales.
The mission of the Friends is to advocate for and support The Colony Public Library as a cultural and educational asset to the residents of The Colony and Denton County, through fundraising and by promoting volunteer activities.
How do the Friends support the Library?
- Supply time and talent to your public library
- Sponsor cultural & educational programs for children and adults
- Sponsor annual Spring Tea & Pictures with Santa events
- Sponsor new library service programs
- Partner with local businesses to raise funds to improve library services
- Seek grants & raise funds for library services and improvements
- Manage donations, including memorials and Adopt-A-Book
- Raise funds by selling used books
- Fund recognition for library volunteers
- Boost staff morale & support staff training
Read all about it!
Benefits of Membership
- Quarterly newsletter with information about the Library, the Friends and free advertising for our Business members -- plus emailed updates!
- Invitation to special Library and Friends programs.
- A forum in which to advocate on behalf of the Library.
- Fun volunteer opportunities.
- 10% discount on FOTCPL sale items – Including Books!!!!
- Reward of knowing that your dues make a real difference to your public library.
- As a Friend, you build a strong public library that helps children develop a love of reading.
FOTCPL PRESENTS! Annual Fun Night
Saturday, April 29, 2017
Social begins at 6:30 p.m.; meeting begins at 7, followed by guest speaker author James William Peercy. Open to all. There will be door prizes and refreshments – and fun! Call 972-624-3184 or check the FOTCPL page atthecolonypl.org for details. To donate a door prize, call Joan at the above number or email firstname.lastname@example.org
How Do I Become a Member of the Friends?
Annual membership dues are:
- Individual /Family: $10.00
- Business: $25.00
One time membership dues are:
- Lifetime Individual/Family: $100.00
- Lifetime Business: $500.00
Print and fill out this form and mail or bring it to the Library with your cash or check (made out to FOTCPL).
You can also fill out this web form and pay using your credit, debit or PayPal account information (payment screen comes up once you have submitted your information). Please be sure to include your email address with your payment so that we can contact you with any questions, and specify the membership type under Reason for donation.
Help support the Library through the Friends of The Colony Public Library!
Tax deductible donations:
Donate in person at the Library.
Mail a check to "FOTCPL, The Colony Public Library, 6800 Main Street, The Colony,TX 75056".
Donate online using the Friends PayPal account:
Other ways to help:
Shop at our ongoing Friends book sale at the Library.
Make FOTCPL your preferred charity when shopping at Amazon:
FOTCPL is a 501(c)(3) organization.
For further information, email email@example.com.
As always, thank you for your support of the Library!
For further information about the Friends of The Colony Public Library, contact Library Director Joan Sveinsson at 972-624-3184.